TheTinyPebble wrote:In an effort help out new players with getting Jedi I would like current Jedis to put down their tips, tricks and strategies for grinding Jedi.
This can include, but is not limited to: What to do in the beginning, which professions are best when first getting Jedi, food & drinks, grinding spots etc.
Although others might have another route, I'll post my path, what I found to work and the food I used.
Prior Build: TK and Medic was the build I had to keep me alive in the beginning
Food/Drink: 2 Vasarian Brandy, 1 Pikatta Pie and sometimes 1 Thakatillo (depending on mob)
What to learn first: Okay, so in my opinion this is how to start and from here, you can make any build.
1. Learn Nov. Saber.
2. Learn 1xxx Enhance for Force Speed 1 (saber speed with generic attack, uses very little Force)
3. Learn xxx2 Enhance for Channel Force.
4. Learn xx4x Saber
5. Learn xxx4 Saber
6. Learn 4xxx Healer
You now have your basic Jedi build! From here you will still have 22 skill points free and you can make any build and then adjust what you want. At this point, you can start removing Medic. Do not touch TK till you have some kind of Jedi defenses. Once you start to remove TK, start with xx4x TK and work your way from there.
Places to start grinding: Do not waste your time trying to kill things that take forever to kill! Start small!
1. I found the Veermok cave (5741, -1546) Naboo to be a great place to start.
2. Once you start to feel like you have an easy time in the Veermok cave, try out the Narglatch Cave (5838, -4666) Naboo.
3. This one is good xp after the Narglatch cave... but be warned!!! you will generate visibility here. Voritor Cave (4260, 5373) Dantooine
4. If you have around xx44 Saber and 4xxx Defender, I'd recommend the Squill Cave (58, -79) on Tatooine. There is an NPC here and you might get visibility as well. Watch out for Guardians, they are nasty! This cave is where I got the best xp.
A great Jedi Robe to start with is the Widowmaker Robe. This will give you 400 Max Force, 25 Force Regen, +10 to all LS Speed. Don't forget the Jedi Mystery hats, they have hidden stats as well!
An important note about Jedi robes, you must be Imp/Reb and you must be Combatant in order to equip it. Once equipped, you may go back on Leave.
XP Boosts: Being in a group and going Special Forces will give you a very nice boost to XP.
Visibility: My general rule is, don't get any closer than 124m from any NPC/Droid/Player.
XP Loss From Death: We have a few ways to lose xp.
1. Cloning after death will cause you to lose 200k xp. (If you get rezzed from a Doc, you will not lose xp)
2. Self rez from Regain Consciousness or using Hero of Tatooine Ring will cause 30k-50k xp loss (not sure how much)
3. BH kills (no matter if rezed) will be based on your mission payout, times 2! Your mission payout is based on how many skill points you have invested into Jedi, times 1000! So, if you have 250 skill points invested into Jedi, the xp loss from BH death is 500k xp. If you clone after that, you will lose another 200k, for a total of 700k xp! So don't let them kill you!