Any chance for an alternate Jedi unlock method?

Syntax42

Any chance for an alternate Jedi unlock method?

Postby Syntax42 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:48 am

I'm looking at doing the dungeons and have only had one chance to attempt one due to my play times being completely different from most people's. I go back to my regular schedule today and won't have a chance to play during peak Saturday hours for the foreseeable future. My normal playing hours are 8PM - 11AM Eastern US, Wednesday night through Saturday morning. The combination of the difficulty of the dungeons, low active player population, and my bad playing times means I don't see myself ever unlocking Jedi under the current method.

I came to this server thinking it would be possible for me to unlock Jedi. I also like what the developers are doing by attempting to improve the game instead of just sticking with Bloodfin's attempt to re-create the original game. I really want to stay on this server, but if I can't ever unlock Jedi, I won't want to stay due to my frustration of not being able to achieve my goals.

An alternate method that sticks with the "story" implemented by the developers here might involve completing some other tasks or turning in some specific items for the Czerka. The items to turn in could be from bosses in POIs that are soloable with a decent build. Another way (or in addition to the items) could involve a bribe to allow the player to talk to the village elder. Ten million credits would be at least a 20-hour grind. Compared to those who are able to complete dungeon runs, that seems like a fair amount of time.

HK47
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any chance for an alternate Jedi unlock method?

Postby HK47 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:35 am

The Dungeons are a bit nerfed with the next patch. We played the HC Dungeon today with 3 JediPlayers. SHould possible to find a 5 men group :)
But yes a alternative path is planned but the implementation will take time, so maybe end of the year it is finished.

Syntax42

Postby Syntax42 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:01 am

Thanks for the info! I look forward to seeing what is planned for the dungeons and for the alternate path.

Vorador

Postby Vorador » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 pm

I agree it is hard to find a dungeon group right now. So far I've had no success either. Looking forward to a soloable path.

Bigtarr

Postby Bigtarr » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:28 am

I'd be up for helping if you guys need another man. Just got my jedi done so I can help. I know it can be a pain finding people.
:cool: Bring it! When all else fails you'll always send in the WOOKIE get it done!

Syntax42

Postby Syntax42 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:32 am

Bigtarr wrote:I'd be up for helping if you guys need another man. Just got my jedi done so I can help. I know it can be a pain finding people.

I have given up hope of finding dungeon groups during my normal play times and I have stopped logging regularly. For now, I only log in to maintain my harvesters and house. If someone schedules a dungeon in advance on the forums, I will try my best to make it.

Shikihime
New User
New User

Postby Shikihime » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:39 am

how many people do you expect to need for this ?

Syntax42

Postby Syntax42 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Shikihime wrote:how many people do you expect to need for this ?

I have only completed Alumn Mine on normal and we had about 4 regular players, one Jedi healer (an admin testing the build), and two or three Jedi DPS. I don't know the strategies or gear required for the other dungeons. The only information I have about the dungeons is form general chat and the forums. Based on all of that, the only expectation I have is that five players should be able to complete a normal mode dungeon if they know the fights and have the right items and builds. I might be wrong, but I have nothing to go on to know if it could be done with fewer people.

Every time I tried to form a group when I was on, the most I got was two other people expressing interest. That's after trying three nights per week for the entire month since the Jedi release. All of the stars must have aligned for that one dungeon I did get a chance to do during my normal play hours, because there doesn't seem to be any interest in attempting them since that one time.

I'm just gong to wait for a soloable path to be released, if they still plan on making one. If not, I don't know what I'll do. I always wanted to play as a Jedi in SWG when it was live, but didn't have the chance to do so for various reasons. If I don't get to play one here, I might not get to play one ever. I certainly don't want to play on any of the other (inferior) servers.

HK47
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HK47 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Dont hear to the galaxy chat, there are people answering the question who have done the run for weeks ago. between that and now are over 20 Nerf patches. There are already a handful of players who do the normal mode with 2 players and good teamwork and the HC Mode with 4.
Iam sure they also give good tips and guides for tactics out.

get a teampartner and start with the easy instance, try things out and see what happens. Besides nice loot you have then the tactics ready for the normal one.

Syntax42

Postby Syntax42 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:13 pm

HK47 wrote:There are already a handful of players who do the normal mode with 2 players and good teamwork and the HC Mode with 4.

You keep saying it is possible, but I have no confirmation from any players. The only conditions I can imagine it being possible are with the best gear, buffs, and very specific builds. Also, a "handful" doesn't sound like this is something the average person can do.

It is rare for me to find another player who is interested in doing dungeons. I highly doubt I could find someone of the caliber required to complete the dungeons with the few people you suggest is possible. I highly doubt my character's caliber is good enough to complete dungeons with minimal people.

I don't know how else to put this, but I've lost all motivation to even attempt what you're suggesting is possible. Dungeons are a giant wall in my face and I've been met with failure after failure when attempting to get enough players together to climb that wall. I've given up, and there's little you could say to get me to try what you suggest is possible. The wall wins...
Last edited by Syntax42 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Jedi”