Jedi Healer - thoughts and impressions

Lliane

Jedi Healer - thoughts and impressions

Postby Lliane » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:01 am

Hi,

as many people know, i am a dedicated Jedi MHealer and always was and always will be :) my thoughts on the mhealer so far are kind a mixed.

Impressions:

- The abilities pretty much work as they are intented to. Some need a little polish to fit the current Server state instance wise but other than that Healing is quiet nice. The new code for the heals feels great.

- Abilities have a high delay when it comes to work through the CCQ. First it takes some time to go off, then another big delay before you can do another heal.

example: disease/poison in the Spider Queens cave.
Before you have cured 2 people of poison/disease it is gone on all the others.
Even if it is gone the disease and poison still ticks on.

summarize: Reduce the delay on the healing abilities.

- stopbleeding: the strength needs to be raised a little

- healbattlefatigueother: skill does not exist

- Totalhealother: shouldn't it heal battlefatigue too?

- healstateself: Sometimes does not go off properly and needs to be used 2-3 times. The delay where u can stand up after is to high.
There is no effectivity on blind so it should be gone with a single use.

- mhealer / forcearmor
The combination sounds good but it does not work great. Force Drain is way to high.
Standing in the Brain chamber in the other corner you always get hit by 100000m range AOE Dizzy/stun/Inti/blind and take dmg. This drains your force quiet fast. Then all the other AOE Mobs and your force is gone.
You cannot remove ForceArmor in case you want to so you automatically run out of force. In this Boss fight mechanic there isnt much to do about it except not using forcearmor.

- channel force is essential for a healer. As mentioned in other threads it is to random and to low on what you get . should be increased.

- meditate: increase regen rate a lot. channel is faster but downtime after big fights is way to long.

- I am not a full template anymore, due to some mindfuck i changed my build from MLS MHeal 4004 enahncer (wasnt done) to 4000 Defender 4004 LS, 4004 Enhancer, MHeal (and again not finished template) and i noticed that i even with defender 4000 and some nice tapes got hit way harder than other jedis in the group? Weird. other topic

Ideas:

- cure poison/disease -> AOE?

- higher force regen from MHealer

- lower Skill delays/animations

- You were talking alot about "new statmods" that could work well with the force use of forcearmor. Maybe add some more reduction to mhealer (not 4444) to get even more out of a passive support skill setup like 4004LS MEnhancer/MHeal

- concidering the weak defensive state of the enhancer/healer and only having 4004ls how about some DMG Mit or toughness for those 2 Master boxes?

thats as far as i can go atm. I will add more stuff ones i notice any problems or find out what could be adjusted

Andi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jedi Healer - thoughts and impressions

Postby Andi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:25 pm

Lliane wrote:Hi,

as many people know, i am a dedicated Jedi MHealer and always was and always will be :) my thoughts on the mhealer so far are kind a mixed.

Thank your for taking the time to respond on specific issues.

Lliane wrote:Impressions:

- The abilities pretty much work as they are intented to. Some need a little polish to fit the current Server state instance wise but other than that Healing is quiet nice. The new code for the heals feels great.

- Abilities have a high delay when it comes to work through the CCQ. First it takes some time to go off, then another big delay before you can do another heal.

example: disease/poison in the Spider Queens cave.
Before you have cured 2 people of poison/disease it is gone on all the others.
Even if it is gone the disease and poison still ticks on.

summarize: Reduce the delay on the healing abilities.

That is, afaik a bug which I forgot about.. Initially I had the speed mods implemented, refactored code and somehow it got dropped under the table.. I'll work on this as soon as I've the time available. Please file a bug with the details.

Lliane wrote:- stopbleeding: the strength needs to be raised a little

That is something I thought as well. Currently it heals 30 bleeding or so.. which is by far no where realistic at this state of the game. Even a medic is able to heal more.

Lliane wrote:- healbattlefatigueother: skill does not exist

I am not even sure it ever existed... during pre-cu....
The only references to BF cures are:

Code: Select all

Heal Battle Fatigue Self 1____?__Heals Battle Fatigue by 150 points
Heal Battle Fatigue Self 2____?__Heals Battle Fatigue by ? points

Lliane wrote:- Totalhealother: shouldn't it heal battlefatigue too?

Yes it should, according to: http://web.archive.org/web/200502071914 ... .id=704199

Lliane wrote:- healstateself: Sometimes does not go off properly and needs to be used 2-3 times. The delay where u can stand up after is to high.
There is no effectivity on blind so it should be gone with a single use.

There is effectivity on blind (which is rolled vs the defense). Tt should not really affect cureing in any way. The issue is more the posture change "delay" which we are running into. I think it is fair to have a second "you are currently shocked and can't do shit"

Lliane wrote:- mhealer / forcearmor
The combination sounds good but it does not work great. Force Drain is way to high.
Standing in the Brain chamber in the other corner you always get hit by 100000m range AOE Dizzy/stun/Inti/blind and take dmg. This drains your force quiet fast. Then all the other AOE Mobs and your force is gone.
You cannot remove ForceArmor in case you want to so you automatically run out of force. In this Boss fight mechanic there isnt much to do about it except not using forcearmor.

As I said I'm looking into enhancing it a bit based upon your enhancer skills. The ability to toggle it is probably a good thing to have. For state defenses you'll have to get it somewhere else.. I do not think it would really fit into Force Armor.. not for the amount of skillpoints.

Lliane wrote:- channel force is essential for a healer. As mentioned in other threads it is to random and to low on what you get . should be increased.
/nod

Lliane wrote:- meditate: increase regen rate a lot. channel is faster but downtime after big fights is way to long.
/nod

Lliane wrote:- I am not a full template anymore, due to some mindfuck i changed my build from MLS MHeal 4004 enahncer (wasnt done) to 4000 Defender 4004 LS, 4004 Enhancer, MHeal (and again not finished template) and i noticed that i even with defender 4000 and some nice tapes got hit way harder than other jedis in the group? Weird. other topic

I see no point (currently) in picking 4000 def over 0004 def, state defenses are probably a lot more helpful then any kind of melee defense. Both are required but that is the essence of your build. You are SUPPOSED to be weaker then the other jedi in your group. You are master in healing but spread across all professions (except powers). That only works and should work in specific use cases. Without knowing the other templates I can't really judge if more damage is a good or bad thing.
Lliane wrote:Ideas:

Nope. Once the delays are fixed that should be in line. It would completely devalule the difficulty of dungeons. Also there are other professions which are doing AOE heals (but are limited in one way or another). It would be a nice FRS/GCW skill IMO. Cure nearby (~5m) friends from *any* states every X minuets for Y force cost.
Lliane wrote:- higher force regen from MHealer

Force costs might be reduced on heals but there will be no new extra sources of force in a healing tree. If we'd increase the regen we might also increase the costs / delay or reduce the amount healed. Jeid Healer is a very powerful profession already (in terms of healing).

Lliane wrote:- lower Skill delays/animations

As discussed.

Lliane wrote:- You were talking alot about "new statmods" that could work well with the force use of forcearmor. Maybe add some more reduction to mhealer (not 4444) to get even more out of a passive support skill setup like 4004LS MEnhancer/MHeal

TODO

Lliane wrote:- concidering the weak defensive state of the enhancer/healer and only having 4004ls how about some DMG Mit or toughness for those 2 Master boxes?

TODO
Lliane wrote:thats as far as i can go atm. I will add more stuff ones i notice any problems or find out what could be adjusted

[/quote]
kk.
<3 jedi! yes, for real!.

Lliane

Re: Jedi Healer - thoughts and impressions

Postby Lliane » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Andi wrote:
Lliane wrote:- healbattlefatigueother: skill does not exist

I am not even sure it ever existed... during pre-cu....
The only references to BF cures are:

Code: Select all

Heal Battle Fatigue Self 1____?__Heals Battle Fatigue by 150 points
Heal Battle Fatigue Self 2____?__Heals Battle Fatigue by ? points

if you use the commandline it says you dont have the required skill. This would mean it is there but somehow isnt.
I can remember that it was available back in the days.
Doe''nt really matter though. Would be nice after the dungeons though to heal up quicker for rebuff.

Andi wrote:
Lliane wrote:- Totalhealother: shouldn't it heal battlefatigue too?

Yes it should, according to: http://web.archive.org/web/200502071914 ... .id=704199

tested it again. it does

Andi wrote:
Lliane wrote:- mhealer / forcearmor

As I said I'm looking into enhancing it a bit based upon your enhancer skills. The ability to toggle it is probably a good thing to have. For state defenses you'll have to get it somewhere else.. I do not think it would really fit into Force Armor.. not for the amount of skillpoints.

sry i wrote this a bit confusing. I didn't mean that force armor should give state resists. This was more directed to the drain of force armor that cannot be avoided if enabled.

Andi wrote:
Lliane wrote:Ideas:

Nope. Once the delays are fixed that should be in line. It would completely devalule the difficulty of dungeons. Also there are other professions which are doing AOE heals (but are limited in one way or another). It would be a nice FRS/GCW skill IMO. Cure nearby (~5m) friends from *any* states every X minuets for Y force cost.

sounds like a good plan

Andi wrote:
Lliane wrote:- higher force regen from MHealer

Force costs might be reduced on heals but there will be no new extra sources of force in a healing tree. If we'd increase the regen we might also increase the costs / delay or reduce the amount healed. Jeid Healer is a very powerful profession already (in terms of healing).

agreed

Return to “Force Healer”