Powers Feedback (20/6/16)

Rickson

Re: Powers Feedback (20/6/16)

Postby Rickson » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:02 pm

A thought that may or may not be a good idea, maybe make lightning stun damage, that way against jedi its the same as it currently is but people with armour wont be able to get such high resists to it? thoughts?

mikki

Postby mikki » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:07 pm

but lightening is electricity unless my physics is flawed, why on earth would it ever be stun?

Rickson

Postby Rickson » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:19 pm

errr to help balance it. If we are talking about physics then the force doesn't exist and eye shot should one shot blow peoples heads off.

People were suggesting as its powers main attack that can be negated by 80% armour that it is a downside to the ability, this mere suggestion was a simple idea to make it a slightly more powerful against armoured opponents without changing how it damages everyone else

mikki

Postby mikki » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:48 pm

in the same vane then are we to change all damage types that can be negated by 80% armour in the name of balance? what about kinetic damage what shall we change that to or energy damage for that matter....what about jedi that don't have armour how do we balance them? give them inate kinetic defence?

Balance is great don't get me wrong but where do you draw the line, balance one class op the next then balance that one and so on and so forth. The line has to be drawn somewhere and i really don't see so much gain in changeing the fundementals of the game i'm actually a little annoyed (not by you) at the constant concepts people put forward that change the very core of what this game is and was.
Lets not reinvent the wheel but more over make subtle changes that make balance but in the same breath remember this is SWG not wow or eq. love it for all it's imperfections.

Rickson

Postby Rickson » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Then i guess we agree to disagree, live was far from perfect half of the stuff was broken, the reason we loved it was we didn't know any better at the time.
The reason i think this server is so good is the guys are slowly adjusting classes where they see fit creating more diversity and making the game a better experience imo.

I appreciate what you are saying and don't want to get into a debate about it, i thought it was a good idea and put it forward, thats it.

Stomis

Postby Stomis » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:43 pm

I think lightning as stun damage is a good solution personally.
Former KEG member from Wanderhome
Day 1 player

avari

Postby avari » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:57 pm

lightning also doesnt have AP too so keep that in mind

Stomis

Postby Stomis » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:05 pm

avari wrote:lightning also doesnt have AP too so keep that in mind

Like HK always says baby steps are best. Perhaps an armor pen change in one hot patch and try stun in another. Personally though I think stun is more useful. Everyone has 80% on composite. Not everyone has a high value on stun. Plus it would make godzilla armor useful for its LS and high stun resist.
Former KEG member from Wanderhome
Day 1 player

Jarl

Postby Jarl » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:09 am

So I've been spamming Force Throw 2 against a variety of targets and it just does not seem to be an AOE.

"This attack allows a jedi to throw nearby dirt and rocks at the target, and will very likely hit any enemies that are standing near the target, causing a stunned state."

Intentional, bugged, or SOE being fail?

avari

Postby avari » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:28 am

I haven't noticed it hit aoe but I also never used after seeing how little damage it does

Return to “Force Powers”