Jedi = squishy

Parth

Re: Jedi = squishy

Postby Parth » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:50 am

i dont know what you mean, skynet :-)
where is the news? the wine on jedi is (est)2003 by the SOE-Forums. wether its from the jedi themself or all the non-jedi.

there will be no "jedi-balance" or any sort of an all-even balance across classes in any mmo ever; well, maybe when its all just the same class with different appearances.

this is just another topic in a long line we alrdy established here on rev... ppl will still open more and more threads before they get off their butts and use the search function.

JEDI = GLASSCANNONS.
and thats a good thing, b/c that way we will still see other classes doing events and stuff. most ppl will never realize this tho, because they still think "ey lol, jedi is iconic, jedi has to be op, wtfroflz noob devs /forumpostragequit"; while they dont get that its for the better and are not bright enough to realize that 90% of their opponents have low resistance to their main dmg type.

im still open for the discussion of balancing jedi within the class itself, aka give more reasons to not go mdef. but i havent played around with the latest patches yet either. the weather outside is just too fine and the euro is on.

#GOGER

(p.s. open the test server pls to let us test jedi temps :))
HQ Weapons on my stocked Vendor@ Theed Palace -5525 4160
send me Mail on "Eky" for your Custom Order.

LF IMP PvPers

Stomis

Postby Stomis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:29 am

Parth wrote:This only is a confirmation of the topics title.
Mls/mdef is no tank, and jedi are supposed to be glascannons on rev; which im trying to get across since july 15.
And it was a lot more like that b4 def got mita.

Want to be the main first row tank? Def stack in a 90suit.

Yep. Jedi are not tanks. Sure a MLS/MDEF can make a good one in short duration w/o support but I'll take my stacker in comp any day of the week.

I don't play my jedi, primarily because I can't find a build that plays how I like. So I've finally decided to try something else, and that's being DPS build instead of trying to act like I'm going to make my jedi a stacker.
Former KEG member from Wanderhome
Day 1 player

marinelowca

Postby marinelowca » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:38 pm

No, jedi is just flat broken on this server from trying to even it out with non jedi class. Build any jedi class and go fight a stacker not even with him having LS armor, he'll still smack ya. Broke, no FRS, NOT PRECU JEDI, I actually +1 what NGE did to them over this. Sad. PLZ FIX.

marinelowca

Postby marinelowca » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:40 pm

Trophy toon more than anything, because I could spend less effort to have a swordsman stacker who can do more than what jedi can. Spend the time to earn something, its like trying to get some from a hot chick all your life, only to marry her and she becomes a Nun the day before.

TuskenJawa
Event Team
Event Team

Postby TuskenJawa » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:50 pm

What if Defender was removed and all of its stats were moved to the skill points you have invested into any Jedi skill? This could open up a lot of options for more builds. So basically if you have invested all 250 SP into Jedi skills, you would have 100 Melee Def, 75 Ranged Def, 75 State Def, 100 Force Def and 57 Jedi Toughness. This would also remove Avoid Incap.

Oh boy... I know I'm gonna get some agro for making this suggestion :lol:
Toni Entooine: Cartel Underlord/Cartel Planetary Governor of Tatooine/Sovereign Ruler of the Glorious Jewel of the Dunes, Mos Entooine TKM/MDoc
Chewtabacca: Arch/Tailor/Merch
Ashiva Nix: Full Ent
Ginga Nix: Sith Youngling
Ton Inot: HK Cultist

Tyclo

Postby Tyclo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:10 pm

p3cAd0R wrote:Higher end mobs do have a higher accuracy rate which would by pass any jedi toughness, ranged or melee defense. I'd say it is normal. I've been one shot by DJK, the Swooper Engineer and Axkvia Min on occasion.

Alright, that's pretty much what I wanted to check. It thought it was a bit much, but HK's explanation confirmed what I though, Sprayshot's multiplicative value is what made the damage so high. I just wanted to make sure that the damage was in-fact normal and part of how the game was designed and not a bug.

HK47 wrote:This is normal he hits you somewhere between 1700 -2500 and uses Sprayshoot which Multiplies that with 4. So your defense already worked in the calculation. It's "HARD" you can use techniques and also intim/stun/blin to lower that to "EASY" Dmg :P Without Armor and Defense you are instant Dead there , because its hard and Liutenents and Captains are there no normal trash NPC

Alright, that's what I kind of figured. Not a bug, but a series of circumstances that lead to such a high damage number.

I probably should of preemptively used Avoid Incap on that pull, or started off with a Dervish.
Tyclo BerlinSki [Tank] // Tylco BerlinSki [Doctor] // null [undefined] // Blep Flep [Nudist]

Parth

Postby Parth » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:31 pm

marinelowca wrote:No, jedi is just flat broken on this server from trying to even it out with non jedi class. Build any jedi class and go fight a stacker not even with him having LS armor, he'll still smack ya. Broke, no FRS, NOT PRECU JEDI, I actually +1 what NGE did to them over this. Sad. PLZ FIX.

Mad

LF IMP PvPers

Parth

Postby Parth » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:31 pm

TuskenJawa wrote:What if Defender was removed and all of its stats were moved to the skill points you have invested into any Jedi skill? This could open up a lot of options for more builds. So basically if you have invested all 250 SP into Jedi skills, you would have 100 Melee Def, 75 Ranged Def, 75 State Def, 100 Force Def and 57 Jedi Toughness. This would also remove Avoid Incap.

Ive came up with that 2 month ago and HK said no

LF IMP PvPers

p3cAd0R

Postby p3cAd0R » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Parth wrote:
TuskenJawa wrote:What if Defender was removed and all of its stats were moved to the skill points you have invested into any Jedi skill? This could open up a lot of options for more builds. So basically if you have invested all 250 SP into Jedi skills, you would have 100 Melee Def, 75 Ranged Def, 75 State Def, 100 Force Def and 57 Jedi Toughness. This would also remove Avoid Incap.

Ive came up with that 2 month ago and HK said no

That would be a great add.
Hsuan-Tien
Atilano
Pecador
Holy-Frijoles

Drop off@TCON (near Cnet) /way 514, -5594

TuskenJawa
Event Team
Event Team

Postby TuskenJawa » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Parth wrote:Ive came up with that 2 month ago and HK said no

Thank you for the heads up!
Toni Entooine: Cartel Underlord/Cartel Planetary Governor of Tatooine/Sovereign Ruler of the Glorious Jewel of the Dunes, Mos Entooine TKM/MDoc
Chewtabacca: Arch/Tailor/Merch
Ashiva Nix: Full Ent
Ginga Nix: Sith Youngling
Ton Inot: HK Cultist

Return to “Jedi”