Jedi = squishy

TheTinyPebble
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jedi = squishy

Postby TheTinyPebble » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:11 pm

p3cAd0R wrote:
TheTinyPebble wrote:
Stomis wrote:I'll be sure to check it out when I get home. I'm all for whatever and it sounds very cool that knight professions will be seperate from the Frs. Personally I didn't like the way jedi played so I play a stacker... Idk it's not that hard of a concept :D

How dare you bring sound logic into this discussion?

Tiny = Squishy

Too much jawa beer and pikatta pie.
"<HK47>Yen doch whatsap YouTube Neeson to do :)"

Stomis

Postby Stomis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:29 am

TheTinyPebble wrote:
p3cAd0R wrote:
TheTinyPebble wrote:
How dare you bring sound logic into this discussion?

Tiny = Squishy

Too much jawa beer and pikatta pie.

Yeah how many times do I have to tell you? Falling out of the way isnt dodging...
Former KEG member from Wanderhome
Day 1 player

Stomis

Postby Stomis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:30 am

Btw The trees look promising. Having some state defense and melee/ranged defense options w/o going defender should be a huge plus to a lot of specs. Im hopeful!
Day 1 player

madhead

Postby madhead » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Jedi are not squishy lol this post is mega old

Stomis

Postby Stomis » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Lol madhead. Jedi are only squishy when compared to a melee stacker. Jedi's heal and I think some people can't wrap their heads around that. Jedi are far stronger here than live like HK said it's just that so are other characters.
Day 1 player

marinelowca

Postby marinelowca » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Kinda BS a bh can use a SL buff, but jedi have dmg reduction for FR2 and 3. Now all bhs can win regardless by just using ranged LLC, and a SL buff.

macshlong

Postby macshlong » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:33 am

I haven't had too many issues to be fair, I've only been killed when I have been caught unbuffed, it's annoying that we need to be mdef to stand a chance but all in all, I don't feel as scared wandering around and shopping as I did on live.
Jeb - Forever Alone
Mac - Doctor
Danza - Are we human?

p3cAd0R

Postby p3cAd0R » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:40 am

When's the last time anyone of you hunted a master defender on either a melee or ranged bh? With the new GCW & Jedi sub-professions incoming it will be different. Jedi are not supposed to be the cookie cutter power house they were on live.
Hsuan-Tien
Atilano
Pecador
Holy-Frijoles

Drop off@TCON (near Cnet) /way 514, -5594

Jarl

Postby Jarl » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:46 am

Felt this should be preserved somewhere.

stormshatow
New User
New User

Postby stormshatow » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:26 am

After reading all the post I'd like to share my experience and also like to add a suggestion that could make things interesting. First a bit of my back round. I've played swg since beta all the way to 3 months into the NGE then I stopped playing. I was very lucky to have a pre-pub 9 Jedi that I unlocked on pure luck because I wanted to try out certain profession and on my 16th. Pistol leer, I get this message that I have unlocked a Jedi character slot. I went bananas! lol.

That was pretty amazing and you had all the Jedi profession at your hands and you could wear armor very powerful but if you died 3 times, that was it! No more Jedi with perma death. I was also able to do a village grind Jedi and took that one to Guardian in the FRS before they took it off at the very end of the CU when the NGE hit. In live as only a Master Light saber and healer 4000 you could go into the Squill cave and run through it non stop and kill everything without any problems.

Now comparing apples to apples whith what I have experienced here. Keep in mind I love this server, All the work that has been put into it and the new concepts, dungeons, events, loot, it's amazing work by Hk and those helping him.

Comparing apples to apples, as a Master tkm / healer 0440, you can run in the squill cave with no problem what so ever and kill everything in there and come out fine, using decent armor, a nice VK. buffs, and don't really need food, maybe some brandy and canapé for your mind pool.

As a Master Light saber / healer 4004/ Master enhancer/ defender 2000 you can't go into the squill cave and run none stop and kill everything with out getting in-capped 3 times and ending up in the cloner.

I don't know comparing apples to apples where our classes meet based with each other and I mean jedi and non jedi. If we look at the example of Master TK, you have Brawler 4000/ MTK. So Master Light saber would be at the level of Master Brawler for being a padawan? I'm asking so I know how it works.

Some will say that MTK is a tank class and yes that is true but it's a tank class with also great 200+ acc and over 150+ damage and all it's defenses.

My suggestion would be bring Master Light saber and Master Powers to the level of Master TK resist as an equal. Reason for both MLs and MPowers? Well it will open new builds for those who love powers to use it with out having the sabers or defender class in their build.

Now I know most will say that if we bring this to be equal and we add Master defender to both MLS or MPowers you will be unstoppable and it will be OP. Well keep in mind that MTK you can also add defense from Fencer, swords, pike, pistols making ether MTk, Mfencer, Mswords or Mpike a defense stacker. Well adding Master defender to MLS or Mpowers can be balance to the equal level of the stackers.

Now with the GCW the non- Jedi profession will have classes to advance just like the Jedi will with the knight classes. Not sure how many non- Jedi classes can have of the GCW classes at the same time but I know Jedi can only have only one of the 3 knight classes.

I feel this would give verity to the Jedi profession different builds and not having to depend on having Master Defender unless they want to be a tank and you want to do what a Master Tk or Master fencer, Master swords or a Master Pike can in Pve and pvp.

It's my comparison of what I've experienced and like I said I love everything about what the devs are putting together and the vision and everything that we have.

thanks for reading

Return to “Jedi”