BH Skill change(no more Master Marksman)

Shurr
New User
New User

BH Skill change(no more Master Marksman)

Postby Shurr » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:16 am

I have been thinking about this recently. To me it seems Bounty Hunter is kind of locked into very few viable PVP builds. And since PVP is a BH's main job. to hunt down players, I always found this ODD. I think a simple fix for this would be to make BH take x44x marksman instead of master. IT enver made much sense to me to include the rifles line since BH itself only has pistol and carbs. This would open up 32 skill points for people to build into other things. I think this would encourage people to not only actually get master BH, but also branch out to more than just the tka/pistoleer we most commonly see.

What are everyones thoughts on this? DO people think this would make BH too strong? Can anyone see any draw backs. I think it would add much needed diversity to the class.

deathblooms

Re: BH Skill change(no more Master Marksman)

Postby deathblooms » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:11 am

/Agree. On a server filled with Jedi. Some BH love would be great.
O'doyle Rules = Merchant/Ranger
Deathblooms = Jedi Defender
Daethblooms = 12 point Doctor crafting/Squad Leader
Mae Cortez = Pistoleer/BH

HQ resources vendor south of Coronet, Corellia /waypoint -267 -5668

HK47
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HK47 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:47 am

deathblooms wrote:/Agree. On a server filled with Jedi. Some BH love would be great.

you have seen all the BH Love in the last weeks ? :)

Ebola

Postby Ebola » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:03 am

Has more been added for BH than this or did I miss something?

Bounty Hunter:
Lightning Canon 1-4: +5 Melee Defense
BH Pistols 1-4: +5 Ranged Defense
Master: Melee Defense +15, Ranged Defense +10, LLC Acc +20, Rifle Acc +15, Pistol Acc +15, Carabine Acc +15, Melee Dmg Mitigation 2
Novice: Melee Dmg Mitigation 1
Fast Blast hits now all Pools, but the DMG Multiplier is reduced from 4.15 to 3.65
Tsion - Master Doc / On break (tm)

HK47
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HK47 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:31 am

you hit your Jedi Target better:
BlockBreak: All Attacks have now a additional chance to ignore the Block common weapons 0-7%, heavy weapons/Mines 0-10%, Flamethrower 0-14% (it is every hit a random roll how high the chance is and a second roll checks if the chance is hit.
And additional 1-10% dmg is not absorbed from the block

shadowkhat

Postby shadowkhat » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:06 am

personally think BH's need to rely more on their weapons than going master fencer, maybe give MBH an additional 10% saberresist... or maybe a little more of that blockbreak.. right now there are no BH's hunting jedi, just master fencers that paid someone off... if its so easy to hunt players i want the same ability. jedi hunting shouldn't be left to the novices should be a master level hunt only

Shurr
New User
New User

Postby Shurr » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:08 am

See my thought are not just for jedi hunting, especially with another thread talking about adding the gcw player bounties just adding things to help them versus jedi seems limiting. Boba went after han...which just gave me another idea. you guys remember when if an imperial trooper saw you in sliced armor/weapons something was supposed to happen...what if that added up enough to get someone on BH boards.

Anyway. I really think changing it to x44x will allow bh to be much more versatile, versus not only jedi but all pvp players.

TheTinyPebble
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheTinyPebble » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:56 am

I don't agree with changing the requirements, and I exclusively played as a ranged BH. It sucked, but I loved it.

If I were to hunt jedi as a melee profession, and I had 32 more skill points I wouldn't give MBH the thought of day. I'd go into more state defenses etc. If I were to try and hunt jedi with a ranged profession, these 32 skill points would maybe keep me a live for a few more hits by the saber. I think this change will further improve melee BHs, and not do much for ranged. Ranged BHs have bigger problems than a few skill points. People will still not move from the tried and true TKA or Fencer.

I could see this change work if you moved Jedi hunting to MBH, but then you're not really changing anything, you'd just be giving people more stuff to grind before being able to hunt Jedis.

The GCW Profession (Mandalorian) may bring about a lot of the desired changes we are looking to see, and as far as I know they won't cost skill points - just a lot of hard work. I find it likely they will continue to play on what BH has (ranged weaponry), and as it is you can still master an elite ranged combat profession with MBH. Mandalorian currently requires MBH, I am unsure if this is just temporary however.

Player bounties are not on Revelation either at the moment, and this makes the current state of BH to be 'decent'. The profession works, although nowhere near how I think it should, and it is playable and works for BH high-end content (player Jedis). Player bounties would open up the floor to ranged BHs a lot more, and I don't think changing the requirements is going to be necessary for that.

I haven't heard anyone try out these changes and see how they work with a ranged BH, and these changes might work better than you think. These are some great changes, and it shows BH will get some love. They aren't many, but they are for the ranged BH.

A complete overhaul of the profession is going to take a lot of time, and I don't see it happening soon as there are other professions who could definitely need the love more.
"<HK47>Yen doch whatsap YouTube Neeson to do :)"

Parth

Postby Parth » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:03 pm

I do agree with tiny, reducing sp will just make melee bhs better. And they are hard opponents as it stands alrdy.

There is just a simple solution for your problem tho: team up with another BH, there is a reason two BHs can grab a mission on the same jedi here on revelation. Jedi cant run? Kite away.

You got all kinds if skills to beat a jedi. Use em.
HQ Weapons on my stocked Vendor@ Theed Palace -5525 4160
send me Mail on "Eky" for your Custom Order.

LF IMP PvPers

HK47
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HK47 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Some quick points :) :
1. Playerbountys are fun for the BH correct they will have fun. The Carabineer Master , CH, Smuggler ... will have no fun with that. So the result is they wont go in the future anymore with this classes in the PVP. You have then BH, Jedi and CM maybe a swordsmens and rifler. So why not try first make the other bad professions more enjoyable that most classes can go in the PVP / GCW Events with fun. If you go in a PVP Zone you expected to die and you choose this way. If you are deep in the Alum Mine and are shooted down at the BrainBoss who killed you and after that killed again by the same BH ... well that didnt sound like fun for me.
With the GCW Classes which are perma Overt there is then maybe a way to add this feature, because they are then not so helpless and with their choose to stay overt they expect the PVP.

2. GCW Classes are on the way yes and a Mandalorian will be strong Jedi Hunter and will get some special Features like +% to the BlockBreaker. But more informations will come when i have some more time. At the moment i need to finish some project work, because that pay my bills and so the time is very limited (my customers have always from NOV-FEB projects from me and then i hear from MAR-AUG nothing from them) So time for more implementation will come :)

So let us focus now on the GCW Basic system and to finish all the started changes like on the classes, on the armor and on the skills :)

Return to “Bounty Hunter”