Commando Discussion

Niche

Commando Discussion

Postby Niche » Sun May 01, 2016 6:22 pm

I'd like to start a discussion about some of the things that 'might' need changing with this profession. I use the word might because some may not agree, so, when I make a suggestion, I will try to provide enough material to either help convince a change is needed, or at least enough to further the discussion.

The Flamethrower - There is not much I can say negative about it. The AP1 + DoT ignoring armor is WoW. People do not realize what this does for the flamethrower. The only thing I do not like is how the specials are working. Let me explain, the DoT effects the health pool, yet the damage effects all pools. It never made since that I would do a 4k hit to the mind pool and the DoT would be put on health. I would like to see either the flamethrower damage be put all on the health pool, or the DoT effecting the pool the damage is done too. So, if I do a 4k action hit with the flame, the DoT should be on the action pool. I know, this would put the damage all over the place, so I would rather that all the flamethrowers damage/DoT be put on the health pool.

Consumables - While I am not a fan of these, I will explain why. They are consumable. The current stack is 40. That would be one round of missions if I were to use just a Beam Weapon, and why shouldn't I be able too. So the cost in materials and time does not make them very viable for constant use. This is a shame because Commando is a heavy weapons class. I would like to see the stack on them raised to something in the area of 250 and if this is something agreeable, not to kill a change like this by upping the resources to much, 15-20% would keep it in the realm of something I would continue to use.

Master Box - I have zero luck with armor repair, in the past 2 weeks, I have repaired 4 chest pieces, 3 of them broke. I do not have the time to seek out a MAS everytime I want a repair. The reason I bring this up is because of Heavy Weapon skill tapes. I would like to see 10-20 more points added for flamethrower speed, preferably 20. I did a 2 buff sessions of experiments this weekend. 1 with my MSword and the other with my Commando. There is no comparison, MSwords smoked Commando. Timing these runs out of rebel base on Rori, Mswords would clear a nest in roughly 30-45 seconds, Commando about 2 minutes. These were same mobs. The 20 pnt addition of speed will not change this I feel, but it will at least speed things along instead of standing there, or running, waiting for next special to go off.

Heavy Acid Rifle - I'm gonna reserve this for later, was able to recently obtain a couple, thank you Eky. So I will be seeing how it works out. I will honestly say I am entering this test with low expectations.

Now, their is one other thing I wish to bring up. AoE The problem here is comparing a Cone effect to melee classes, its not a fair comparison. But there is something wrong with the Commando's Cone and I'm not sure if its a issue that can be addressed. The cone is not always, rarely, working properly. I have agrro'd 2-8 creatures at a time for this test and have found mixed results. For the most part, using Cone seems to only work sometimes. Size does not seem to factor in, Tortons on Rori for example. The only way I could get Cone to work, would be to target the farthest creature and let fly. If they were grouped infront of me, unlike my Mswords AoE, the Cone was not hitting the group, just the one I was targeting. Now, if I managed to target the back creature in the group that was meleeing me, I would see the effect on the rest. But do you have any idea how hard it is to judge in a group of creature attacking you exactly which of them is farthest away? Even if this is just a positioning problem, its too consistent as a problem to say just learn how to play.

I hope for this to stimulate conversation.

-Niche

TheTinyPebble
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Commando Discussion

Postby TheTinyPebble » Sun May 01, 2016 8:19 pm

I'd like to see the flamer dot stick to whichever pool it attacks as well, but it should only apply to the first dot applied - and then it has to reapply. Making flamer attacks focused pool attack would be a massive DPS increase, which I don't think it needs.

More uses on consumables would be nice.

I don't really know why you're talking about armor repair, but it's meant to be repaired by armorsmiths, and in the other thread you mentioned that you didn't think consumables needed tapes. You should have enough clothing/non-essential armor (like armor belt) to get full speed tapes. I don't see why commando needs a special treatment regarding armor repair, but all the individual heavy weapons tapes is precisely why I suggested for the consumable weapons to be merged into one tape, because as it is, it's not reasonable to have use tape up 12 stats (14 if HAR gets tapes) on top of all the primary and defense vs. stats.

More speed would be nice, but with 25 flamethrower speed you'll be 1:1 attack speed:weapon speed. I use a 1.5s flamethrower and my dps is above 6k (less with more heat resistance), so more speed would require an adjustment elsewhere.

I've never had a problem with the cone attack.
"<HK47>Yen doch whatsap YouTube Neeson to do :)"

Niche

Re: Commando Discussion

Postby Niche » Sun May 01, 2016 10:02 pm

TheTinyPebble wrote:I don't really know why you're talking about armor repair, but it's meant to be repaired by armorsmiths, and in the other thread you mentioned that you didn't think consumables needed tapes. You should have enough clothing/non-essential armor (like armor belt) to get full speed tapes. I don't see why commando needs a special treatment regarding armor repair, but all the individual heavy weapons tapes is precisely why I suggested for the consumable weapons to be merged into one tape, because as it is, it's not reasonable to have use tape up 12 stats (14 if HAR gets tapes) on top of all the primary and defense vs. stats.

I'm sorry I confused what I meant, the armor repair is not a issue, and I regret it came across like it was. Your wanting a working 2 tapes instead of 12 or 14 would solve any issues I had with putting them in armor.

-Niche

Return to “Commando”