MBH Ranged Template I'm Going to Try...

seant8

MBH Ranged Template I'm Going to Try...

Postby seant8 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:21 pm

With the carbineer love I was going to roll as a MBH/MCarbineer/Novice Medic for a while. I had some downtime at work today so I logged in and did some studying of the skill trees. I came up with the following:

Master Bounty Hunter
Carbineer 4/3/2/0
Pistoleer 0/0/4/1
Novice Brawler

The focus is around using the BH specials most of the time and taking skills and mods from the Pistol and Carbine trees that help those tactics vs a single target. This should speed cap both pistols and carbines and give the maximum defense vs states available from going ranged and still mastering BH. MBH gives enough carbine and pistol accuracy as well to sacrifice the Master Carbine Marksmanship box in favor of taking Pistol Stances 1 for a wee bit more pistol speed and melee defense, which allows all skill points to be used.

Carbines: You can use all the carbines in the game and get the high damage Crippling Shot to go with the outstanding BH carbine attacks. You can still bleed and attack action as well, although it's not all that useful of a tactic with Pre CU mechanics.

Pistols: You gain the ability to use the Geonosian Sonic Blaster and the Republic Blaster. You get Stopping Shot for an extra high damage pistol attack and Fan Shot for AOE Lair/NPC clearing (great for faction farming).

Novice Brawler for Intimidate. It will be necessary to get a boost to this through a piece of BE clothing.

Weaknesses I can see: No Medic. No counterattack or dodge. No accuracy while moving mods. Macros for weapon switching will have to be fine tuned and efficient for the tactics to work.

The hard part is mastering the weapon switching tactics: Pistol to DoT, Carbine to Dizzy/Stun/KD, LLC for Damage (I'm not sure how well the LLC works on great composite armor). You also have good pistols for Eye Shot if attacking mind only is the way to go.

It won't compare to a hard core stacker, but should be fun for a gun lover.

Fridingo
New User
New User

Re: MBH Ranged Template I'm Going to Try...

Postby Fridingo » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:56 am

What is your goal with this template? PvP or PvE?
Kerad - Architect/Pistoleer/Miner
Darek - Rifle/Ranger/Miner
Qadir - Doctor/Combat Medic

seant8

Postby seant8 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:41 am

Fridingo wrote:What is your goal with this template? PvP or PvE?

Testing out the idea that MBH should switch frequently between weapons as opposed to taking only one line and specializing in one weapon. MBH will be required for the GCW Mandalorian profession and I want to see if it really is a viable way to go.
Given the current templates that work in the Pre CU type game, I'll bet the secondary goal will involve dying a lot without any medic. Trying to use pistols, carbines, and the LLC doesn't seem to favor mastering pistoleer or carbineer.
So far I'm finding it difficult to master switching on the fly and I'm often tempted to stick to the carbine.

Fridingo
New User
New User

Postby Fridingo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:09 pm

At the moment, with the way weapon switching is with the 3 second delay, for overall DPS I would use whichever weapon will give me the edge against the opponent depending on AR and Resists. Switching takes away precious time/DPS from you and with MBH you get sprayshot, which you can use with carbines/pistols/LLC to dizzy a target, then use suppression from marksmen to posture down. Just my 2 cents, no one else frequents the BH section.

seant8

Postby seant8 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Fridingo wrote:At the moment, with the way weapon switching is with the 3 second delay, for overall DPS I would use whichever weapon will give me the edge against the opponent depending on AR and Resists. Switching takes away precious time/DPS from you and with MBH you get sprayshot, which you can use with carbines/pistols/LLC to dizzy a target, then use suppression from marksmen to posture down. Just my 2 cents, no one else frequents the BH section.

That's really helpful, and explains my frustration as I wasn't aware of the weapon switch delay. I had it in my head that sprayshot was carbine specific from live, I didn't realize it can be used with any weapon. I don't have it yet because I haven't finished the investigation grind. Can anyone confirm?

My testing so far leads me to one of the following paths:
1. Leave the template as is, use carbines most of the time, use LLC only on electricity vulnerable MOBs in PVE, and use pistols only when I need to do mind damage or apply health DOTs. The big question: is the 3 second weapon switch delay worth it to apply all the pistol DoTs and then use the carbine or LLC for the rest of the fight? Switching back and forth is too much of a penalty.
2. Go back to Master BH/Master Carbineer and ignore pistols.
3. Just take the carbine line of BH, Master Carbineer, and take defenses and medic for the rest. This would be "wait and see" if the Mandalorian profession on this server is worth mastering BH and sacrificing carbine specialization.

Melee BH is a non-starter for me, I won't play that way.

Fridingo
New User
New User

Postby Fridingo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:42 am

This is all coming from my own experience. If you want to be ranged and take on a full template Jedi follow these simple rules:
1. You have to be patient, time when you attack very carefully. Surprised and unbuffed is what you are looking for here.
2. Weapon damage, this needs to be very very high, and MLS has 85% saber block, so if/when you break through it, it has to count. (hint hint LLC hint hint)
3. Intimidate, if you know the fight will last longer then you LLC fast blasting them to smithereens, then you need to cut their damage potential down. (Foods like exo protein wafers/Synth Streak/Pikatta Pie will help)
4. Def Vs. KD, Most chefs can make +100 def Vs KD food (Thakitillo) which can keep you upright while you keep laying down the blaster fire
5. RUN! always run, don't stop running, it's like zombieland and the Jedi are the zombies.
6. Make BH friends, you may not like to be melee for BH, but others do, befriend them and they can tank while you spend time on the outskirts trying to get past the dastardly saber block.
7. Run some more, very important.

seant8

Postby seant8 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Fridingo wrote:This is all coming from my own experience. If you want to be ranged and take on a full template Jedi follow these simple rules:
1. You have to be patient, time when you attack very carefully. Surprised and unbuffed is what you are looking for here.
2. Weapon damage, this needs to be very very high, and MLS has 85% saber block, so if/when you break through it, it has to count. (hint hint LLC hint hint)
3. Intimidate, if you know the fight will last longer then you LLC fast blasting them to smithereens, then you need to cut their damage potential down. (Foods like exo protein wafers/Synth Streak/Pikatta Pie will help)
4. Def Vs. KD, Most chefs can make +100 def Vs KD food (Thakitillo) which can keep you upright while you keep laying down the blaster fire
5. RUN! always run, don't stop running, it's like zombieland and the Jedi are the zombies.
6. Make BH friends, you may not like to be melee for BH, but others do, befriend them and they can tank while you spend time on the outskirts trying to get past the dastardly saber block.
7. Run some more, very important.

So, keeping Novice Brawler for intimidate is worth it over not having any medic? That was my thinking, but there have been a few times I wished I had a band-aid...

Fridingo
New User
New User

Postby Fridingo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:01 pm

I have found with high buffs for regen it is more efficient to keep the opponent's damage down low enough that when you get hit hard you can /warcry /peace and regen it back with the 10 sec timer. Mando wine has great regen qualities to the point stims aren't required.

Return to “Bounty Hunter”