Max lvl of Pets

Woha

Re: Max lvl of Pets

Postby Woha » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:53 am

Hey GHA has BE and CH sets but with different stats.

If there is no Item listed plz try under Misc/Generic Item for a Schem but named GHA Genetics... not Beast Master.

This I found on Tiny's Comp Loot thread:
Galactic Hunting Association Sets
With Bludgeon both BE and CH has gotten a set of items. There are 5 pieces available: 2x rings, 2x earrings and 1x necklace.

Bio-Engineer - G.H.A. Genetic each Item gives:
Bio-Engineer Experimentation +3
Bio-Engineer Assembly +3

Hope this helps you going the way of BE.

Kitigruqe

Postby Kitigruqe » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:12 am

Thanks much for the info!

I bought experimentation tapes off of your vendor in Theed, so I'm now a 12 point BE, but that didn't help push up max experimentation stats. Helps a lot with being able to push up more of the lines though!

And I see the GHA Genetics schematics on vendor search now that I know what to look for -- so I'll see what I can get on those.

/tiphat
Kitigruqe - M. Rifleman / MCH / Ranger 4440 ........ Ikoro - BH/Pistols
Evriana - TKM / MBE ........ Maia - M. Tailor / Something Eventually

Woha

Postby Woha » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:56 am

Thx for buying and good luck with BE crafting :)

Regarding max stats Special for HAM & dmg if you have 1000 in that line youre capped on crafting.

But you have to Experiment what type of Animal have high HAM and hope that it's possible to sample :)

Kitigruqe

Postby Kitigruqe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:23 am

Woha wrote:But you have to Experiment what type of Animal have high HAM and hope that it's possible to sample :)

I'm just now starting to wonder if this is a much more important / bigger hint than I realized...

I've been working under the assumption that CL75 is the max level that we can sample, just like live SWG. That made Mutant Rancors arguably the best high-CL things to sample, because they were right at that max level. They also had the highest HAM of anything CL75 or under (tied with a few things of lower CL like Young Malklok Plainswalkers). And, they were pretty close to the highest damage of anything CL75 or under -- only beaten by Reclusive Cavern Spider and Reclusive Cavern Spider Queens and Kusak Hunters.

So, I have been assuming that to get HAM up to the 18000 cap like you have, I needed Mutant Rancor or possibly Young Malklok Plainswalker DNA since they had the highest HAM for any creature at or under CL75. To cap damage, I figured Mutant Rancors would get close, but that I might need Kusak Hunter. I collected loads of Mutant Rancor and Young Malkok Plainswalker DNA, and even in Medina on Talus plus +20 experimentation and +25 assembly from tapes, I couldn't experiment anything up to 100% with VHQ samples of those creatures.

I think the GHA Genetics jewelry just adds a bit more experimentation and assembly; +5 to each for each piece of jewelry, up to +25 total for the whole set. BUT, since I can't experiment any line to 100% even though I'm halfway to the total +50 experimentation / assembly cap with tapes already, I don't think that getting a full set of those would magically let me cap those out with the same DNA.

So, another BE mentioned something in general chat that gave me pause. He asked if I had tried to sample regular Kimogilas -- the CL95 variety. I hadn't, because I believed that we couldn't sample anything higher than CL75. But he said that he could *attempt* to sample Kimogilas, although he hasn't ever successfully gotten a sample. BUT higher CL things like bigger Kimos report back that "you cannot sample from this creature", as opposed to letting you try but failing like with the regular Kimos. I tried an Enraged Rancor (CL80) and failed about 20 times in a row.

But now after re-reading your comment above, I'm thinking that maybe we are on to something here -- that maybe it is possible (but difficult) to get DNA samples off of creatures higher than CL75 here on Rev (maybe up to CL100 or something?). That would open up a LOT of possibilities. Malklok Plainswalkers are CL84 and have 29000 HAM. Mad Anglers are CL95 and do massive damage -- 820-1350. Kimogilas are CL95 with high HAM, medium armor, and decent damage also.

Not to press you to give away BE "trade secrets", but can you confirm or deny that we may be on the right track here? :D

Woha

Postby Woha » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:49 am

Hey if the Animal have a lvl showed that is higher then 75 it's not possible to sample there you are right.

There should be more Pets then I know with nice HAM + Def Stats. HK spended here allot of love :)

Buddy told me there also pets without lvl showed, this I have to try guess only one I saw was Killiam but wasn't able to sample :D

TBH I don't wanne post here check this and sample than cause this is the most fun for me to Play that Profession.
Try every Planet and every Animal, me sampled also GPS DNA just for try and PekoPeko Alb was to high and with lvl showed...

EDIT:
Regarding tapes and GHA Bonus... If you wanne get a maxed Pet...
HAM18000, DMG maxed and speed maxed you will need this.

With each Point I put in Speed the max DMG goes down. But DPS thats the nice... increase :)
I think for a Pet with Dot Special attack maybe a not capped Speed should be theoretical better...
The effect of Speed cap vs special attack I have to try.
Spendet too much time to let my T430 run with a eGPU last time

Kitigruqe

Postby Kitigruqe » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:18 am

OK, thanks for the additional info. When some creatures over CL100 don't even let you attempt to sample them, but CL75-95 or so do (and simply fail every time), I thought maybe that it was possible to sample those with like a 1/100 success rate or something. Good to know that that is NOT the answer.

I understand not wanting to post specifics and taking the fun of discovery out of it. I've got some ideas on possible things to sample, and like you said I will just try a bit of everything to see what has standout stats.

One thing that concerns me a bit is that if the full set of GHA Genetics jewelry is required *plus* some DNA from specific standout creatures, will it be possible to identify what those creatures are from the stats on their DNA, before getting the GHA set and trying it out in a DNA Template?

For example ... Mutant Rancors are around 800-850 or so for most of the DNA stats like Fortitude, Power, etc. Are the standout creatures going to be 950-1000 or so in one or two key stats? Ie., high enough that we *know* that it is good/useful DNA before actually putting it into a template?

Woha

Postby Woha » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:27 am

Hey GHA set is only required if you wanna craft a pet that is total capped. Not for sampling or increasing the sampled stats.
So you can craft and Identify DNA yes.
Depends how you craft... for example I made HAM & DMG capped pets without full set but not sure about the Point guess 12-13pt.. So only Speed was my bottleneck that I had to cap with GHA Set + Tapes.

With >CL75 youre right I also got only fail massage.
It was during my time I was hope to can craft higher Pets than CL75 :D but we can't :D

The highest I sampled was around 1400 stat after crafting it dropped to 1000... cause thats cap.

Hope that helps you.

Youre welcome to post some Pets you made :)

Hope you enjoy the discovery too :)

Cheers Woha

Kitigruqe

Postby Kitigruqe » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:00 pm

Thanks again for all the help on this!

I'm not really worried about capping *everything* possible, at least not right now. But being able to get just a single experimental line up to the cap (say, 18000 in just Health or something) would let me know that I'm on the right track.

Right now, I have +25 BE Assembly and +20 BE Experimentation from tapes. I can make pets that compete with and beat the ones that I used back on live SWG, but yours that hit the cap in several different experimentation lines are definitely superior! I got a schematic for 1 piece of the GHA Genetics jewelry, but I don't have the resources to craft it yet. Need to grind some credits to buy more of those schematics (I think 2 more available on vendors), and track down the resources that I don't have to actually craft them.

Since I was never a BE myself on live SWG, I was working off of 2nd-hand information. I knew that on live Mutant Rancor DNA was often referred to as the single most important kind of DNA for high end pets, so that is what I worked on stocking up on at first. A lot of my pets were made with 5 samples of Mutant Rancor DNA -- which comes out good but not great.

I've already started to get wiser about mixing in some other types to improve resists and special attacks. I discovered that it is quite easy to sample Young Malklok Plainswalkers for higher Kinetic resists and HAM around Mutant Rancor range also. And normal CL50 Rancors make a good source to put into Psychology for Intimidate for Special 2. I wanted to go after Gaping Spider Recluse Queens because I saw that they were higher than Mutant Rancors for damage, but I screwed up and sampled Gaping Spider Queens instead. That turned out OK because they have Knockdown for Special 1, so they make a good option for Aggression to get KD/Dizzy if mixed with Mutant Rancor.

You can see that I've spent most of my sampling time on Dathomir so far. My next specific target that I want to try is Gronda Juggernaut on Corellia, but I haven't managed to find any to sample yet. So maybe I will run the Rebel Themepark and just sample everything I run into.

Woha

Postby Woha » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:27 am

Regarding Gronda I found allot around Foundry (North of Cnet). Easy you don't need a buff for only some brandy :)

They have nice HAM too (guess best I have found was 830-840) and also nice defense. This was during live also a welcome DNA and is it here too :)

Good luck with youre experiments :)

And youre right to test if you can cap something you don't need a GHA set :)

Return to “Bio Engineer”