Defender Feedback (20/6/16)

TheTinyPebble
Site Admin
Site Admin

Defender Feedback (20/6/16)

Postby TheTinyPebble » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:12 pm

In an effort to keep new players informed on the state of Jedi on Revelation I would like to invite all Jedis to put down some thoughts about how the Defender skill works on the current state of Revelation.

Feedback can include, but is not limited to: The necessity of the master box, whether or not all skills are useful, anything that can be done to improve the profession to make it more complete.

We welcome all thoughts on this subject, do not be offended if a player thinks differently of a skill than you do.

I realise some of this feedback might exist elsewhere on the forums, but I would like this post to be as updated as possible for new players.
"<HK47>Yen doch whatsap YouTube Neeson to do :)"

Stomis

Re: Defender Feedback (20/6/16)

Postby Stomis » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:36 pm

In the efforts of consolidation I'll reshare some things I thought/think should be tweaked.

Master defender is probably the most rounded out well working jedi tree. The only thing I think should be changed is that AI shouldnt be able to be re-applied to make yourself invincible. I know the addition of it causing battle fatigue is suppose to drive force costs up to make it hard to sustain chaining it together however anyone with x2xx healer can very easily combat this. Perhaps if it were more easily interuptable with warcry, KD, or states it would balance out better.
Former KEG member from Wanderhome
Day 1 player

TuskenJawa
Event Team
Event Team

Postby TuskenJawa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:09 pm

I have had very little experience with Defender here on Rev. 4xxx was about as much as I have had. I'm going to give my opinion on Defender. I'm sure most won't agree but this is a feedback thread and I want to do my part.

I feel that the Defender tree should be removed and all the stats be moved to the skill points you have invested in Jedi skills. It would work on a % based system. I have been told that this has been recommend before and that it was turned down but this is my feedback. I'd also recommend that Avoid Incap be moved to the Juggernaut Knight tree at Master.
Toni Entooine: Cartel Underlord/Cartel Planetary Governor of Tatooine/Sovereign Ruler of the Glorious Jewel of the Dunes, Mos Entooine TKM/MDoc
Chewtabacca: Arch/Tailor/Merch
Ashiva Nix: Full Ent
Ginga Nix: Sith Youngling
Ton Inot: HK Cultist

Stomis

Postby Stomis » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:09 am

TuskenJawa wrote:I have had very little experience with Defender here on Rev. 4xxx was about as much as I have had. I'm going to give my opinion on Defender. I'm sure most won't agree but this is a feedback thread and I want to do my part.

I feel that the Defender tree should be removed and all the stats be moved to the skill points you have invested in Jedi skills. It would work on a % based system. I have been told that this has been recommend before and that it was turned down but this is my feedback. I'd also recommend that Avoid Incap be moved to the Juggernaut Knight tree at Master.

I like the avoid incap recommendation but I cant really agree with getting rid of defender. If you want to specialize in being tough it needs to cost skill points. I wont disagree that non defenders should get some sort of defense love somewhere else, Im sure you saw my recommendation on adding a small amount of block or LS toughness to powers, but I still dont think completely removing it is going to fix anything. Plus honestly I think it would make jedi outright OP. I couldnt imagine a MLS with force armor, intim, and loads of heals plus having a buttload of jedi toughness and state defense at no cost. Then throw whatever juggernaut turns out to be on top and it just sounds crazy.
Day 1 player

TuskenJawa
Event Team
Event Team

Postby TuskenJawa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:19 am

Stomis wrote:I like the avoid incap recommendation but I cant really agree with getting rid of defender. If you want to specialize in being tough it needs to cost skill points. I wont disagree that non defenders should get some sort of defense love somewhere else, Im sure you saw my recommendation on adding a small amount of block or LS toughness to powers, but I still dont think completely removing it is going to fix anything. Plus honestly I think it would make jedi outright OP. I couldnt imagine a MLS with force armor, intim, and loads of heals plus having a buttload of jedi toughness and state defense at no cost. Then throw whatever juggernaut turns out to be on top and it just sounds crazy.

Yeah good point! I would think that there would have to be a way to balance it and even move more of it to Juggernaut. Seems like your suggestion would be a lot less work to tweak.

Btw it looks like there is some defense being added to other builds. New in the patch notes!
Toni Entooine: Cartel Underlord/Cartel Planetary Governor of Tatooine/Sovereign Ruler of the Glorious Jewel of the Dunes, Mos Entooine TKM/MDoc

Stomis

Postby Stomis » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:21 am

TuskenJawa wrote:
Stomis wrote:I like the avoid incap recommendation but I cant really agree with getting rid of defender. If you want to specialize in being tough it needs to cost skill points. I wont disagree that non defenders should get some sort of defense love somewhere else, Im sure you saw my recommendation on adding a small amount of block or LS toughness to powers, but I still dont think completely removing it is going to fix anything. Plus honestly I think it would make jedi outright OP. I couldnt imagine a MLS with force armor, intim, and loads of heals plus having a buttload of jedi toughness and state defense at no cost. Then throw whatever juggernaut turns out to be on top and it just sounds crazy.

Yeah good point! I would think that there would have to be a way to balance it and even move more of it to Juggernaut. Seems like your suggestion would be a lot less work to tweak.

Btw it looks like there is some defense being added to other builds. New in the patch notes!

I just saw that!

Super happy to see jedi heals affect by BF now too.
Day 1 player

HK47
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HK47 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:40 am

to AI: the Defender gets each Time additional Battle Fatique, so either he need a group or need to heal that away all the time. With Raising BF the ForceCosts raising. Also he need to watch like every other on his wounds, wounds effect the inc DMg also.

TuskenJawa
Event Team
Event Team

Postby TuskenJawa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:47 am

HK47 wrote:to AI: the Defender gets each Time additional Battle Fatique, so either he need a group or need to heal that away all the time. With Raising BF the ForceCosts raising. Also he need to watch like every other on his wounds, wounds effect the inc DMg also.

Oh that's good!

Return to “Force Defender”