Armor Revamp Info

Parth

Re: Armor Revamp Info

Postby Parth » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Tantel is the only one with ls resist
HQ Weapons on my stocked Vendor@ Theed Palace -5525 4160
send me Mail on "Eky" for your Custom Order.

LF IMP PvPers

Wroidwrage

Postby Wroidwrage » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:02 pm

As always, thanks Parth!
Tech-M Weaponsmith/M Armorsmith/M Architect
Quack-M Smuggler/M Pistoleer/M Teras Kasi
Vincenzo-M Creature Handler/M Bio-Engineer
TECH Industries Corporation-"Making server worst weapons and armor since 2015™"
Now in Theed!

DrDax
Friday Feature
Friday Feature

Postby DrDax » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:10 am

LS resists work on NPCs with LS damage? like the DJA / DKN or am I off here?

seant8

Postby seant8 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:53 pm

When searching vendors, I'm still seeing mostly composite and ubese armor with good protection and don't see any other types being sold that would have any advantage over composite. Is it possible, for example, to get a padded armor set with similar percentage protection in what it is resistant to as the equivalent composite? Are the other armors not popular yet because full suits are not yet enforced? As things are now I'm not seeing a reason to go other than composite. If I could get a set of armor with 60-80% values with low enough encumbrance to allow me to go unbuffed against mid level content, I'd buy it. My ranger would love to stay at the hunting grounds until a resource spawn has gone instead of taking the time to go get Doctor Buffs and Entertainer Buffs. I'd rely on food and keep going.

TheTinyPebble
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheTinyPebble » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:54 pm

I'm slowly working on a comprehensive list that details the armor and what I can achieve with it, and a list of components and their value. Hopefully this can help HK and Etas rebalance the armor a bit.

I can however reach 80% kinetic bone armor and chitin. I can also make bone armor with 67% kinetic and reasonably high condition too (25k I'd assume).

Furthermore, I have made Padded armor with resists similar to composite, albeit it has another armor hole and low blast resistance. This isn't really an issue for most PvE though.

The problem with all these armors (except chitin) is, they're expensive. With the components required for padded it would run almost the same as my featherweight composite, which is quite expensive. The bone armor would run you 200-250k for a full suit.

RIS can also be made with exceptionally low HAM and 80% kinetic with ease.
"<HK47>Yen doch whatsap YouTube Neeson to do :)"

seant8

Postby seant8 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:14 pm

TheTinyPebble wrote:I'm slowly working on a comprehensive list that details the armor and what I can achieve with it, and a list of components and their value. Hopefully this can help HK and Etas rebalance the armor a bit.

I can however reach 80% kinetic bone armor and chitin. I can also make bone armor with 67% kinetic and reasonably high condition too (25k I'd assume).

Furthermore, I have made Padded armor with resists similar to composite, albeit it has another armor hole and low blast resistance. This isn't really an issue for most PvE though.

The problem with all these armors (except chitin) is, they're expensive. With the components required for padded it would run almost the same as my featherweight composite, which is quite expensive. The bone armor would run you 200-250k for a full suit.

RIS can also be made with exceptionally low HAM and 80% kinetic with ease.

That is very helpful in understanding the armor changes, I look forward to the list.
What's the deal with Wookiee armor? I know good resources for it haven't spawned yet, but I'd settle for anything with kinetic protection over 50% just to get my Wookiee to master Rifleman in a timely manner. What is possible right now with current resources?

TheTinyPebble
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheTinyPebble » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Wookiee armor is pretty easy to get to 80% (and unfortunately, it can't reach 90%), you'll have to contact Leeloo for some though as I don't have the resources for it.
"<HK47>Yen doch whatsap YouTube Neeson to do :)"

Return to “Armorsmith”